CHIEF INTERNAL MESSAGE TO INTERNAL AUDITORS ON COVID 19 PANDEMIC
Prevention on spreading on Corona Virus
To prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Clean your hands often. Use soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Maintain a safe distance from anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Wear a mask and keep physical distance
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention at the University Health Service.
CODE OF ETHICS FOR INTERNAL AUDITORS
- Shall perform their work with honesty, diligence, and responsibility.
- Shall observe the law and make disclosures expected by the law and the profession
- Shall not knowingly be a party to any illegal activity or engage in acts that are discreditable to the profession of internal auditing or to the organization.
- Shall respect and contribute to the legitimate and ethical objectives of the organization.
- Shall not participate in any activity or relationships that may impair, or be presumed to impair their unbiased assessment. This participation includes those activities or relationships that may be in conflict with the interests of the organization.
- Shall not accept anything that may impair, or be presumed to impair their professional judgment.
- Shall disclose all material facts known to them that, if not disclosed, may distort the reporting of activities under review.
- Shall be prudent in the use and protection of information acquired in the course of their duties.
- Shall not use the information for any personal gain or in a manner that may be contrary to the law or detrimental to the legitimate and ethical objectives of the organization.
- Shall engage only in those activities for which they have the necessary knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Shall perform internal audit services in accordance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Shall continually improve their proficiency and the effectiveness and quality of their services.