A world class Internal Audit function committed to professional excellence.
To provide an objective appraisal of systems, improve the effectiveness of risk management and assist the management in establishing and maintaining policies and procedures that adequately protect the assets of the University.
The Internal Audit activity is guided by a value driven philosophy of partnering with other departmental units to continuously improve the operations in the University.
In the quest for timely provision of quality service, the department shall be guided by the following core values:
- Innovativeness: We shall be innovative in meeting our Mission.
- Commitment: We are committed to the mission of the department and always act in the best interests of the University.
- Trust: We trust the good intentions of others, view conflicts as positive and resolve them creatively and effectively to meet the vision and mission of the Department.
- Care: We foster a leadership culture that cares, is people-focused, that connects to and is responsive to the needs of internal and external customers, and promotes stewardship over University resources.
- Teamwork: We work together as a team to realize the collective results that the University wishes to achieve