INTERNAL AUDIT DEPARTMENT CONSULTANCY SERVICES
Internal Audit is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization’s operations. It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
The department offers consultancy services in the following areas:
- University activities for value addition, improved operational efficiency, risk management and good internal controls.
- Opportunities for cost savings and recommendations for improving cost efficiency.
- Economical acquisition of resources and efficient use.
- Adherence to statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Examination and evaluation of internal control Systems.
- Examination and evaluation of University framework on risk management controls, governance process.
- Departments on financial and non financial matters.
- Compliance with University policies, plans and procedures.
- Means of safeguarding assets and verify the existence of such assets.
- Operations and programs to ascertain their consistency with University’s established objectives, goals and plans.